Sexual Violence Advisory Committee Holds Open Forum March 22 as Part of It's On Us: Week Of Action
MSU’s Sexual Violence Advisory Committee is encouraging all students, faculty and staff to attend an in-depth conversation from 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday, March 22, 2017, in the MSU Union Ballroom regarding MSU’s efforts to raise awareness and improve responses to relationship violence and sexual misconduct on campus.
The conversation will include small group discussions about critical questions, facilitated by small group moderators. Small group discussions will then be followed by a large moderated group conversation.
Critical questions to be discussed:
- Thinking about contexts where power dynamics are involved, such as employment situations, academic programs or extracurricular programs, and what are specific areas of concern?
- What are your expectations around communications from the university regarding this issue?
- What suggestions do you have for improving communication with the campus community about the work that MSU is doing in this area?
- What on-campus prevention and education efforts are you aware of?
- What suggestions do you have for improving prevention and education efforts at MSU?
Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested at 517-353-3922. Requests received will be honored whenever possible.
Refreshments will be provided.
The forum is hosted by MSU's Sexual Violence Advisory Committee.
For more infortmation, visit the Michigan State University It's On Us Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ItsOnUsMSU/ .